Skip to main content

Cover Reveal: Overcast by M.S. Kaye


Dear Alison,


Guess what?!?! I've got some more Inkspell Publishing
news from M.S. Kaye. Echo Through the Mist, Book 2 of the Taken Series releases today.  She's revealing the cover for Overcast, the Prequel of the Taken Series, and I've got my hands on Endless as the Rain: The Taken Series: Book 1 which I can't wait to read.

So here goes, 

Echo Through the Mist
Book 2 of the Taken Series


New Release!

Can Adriane handle Stein’s connection to her past and the truth of his motivations?
As Alec and Adriane investigate the reason his father’s old organized crime competitor returned to the city, Adriane eventually realizes Alec is hiding something from her. Will his continued secrecy threaten their relationship? Will the truth of Stein’s motivations rip Adriane away from Alec?
 Amazon   |   iBooks   |   Barnes& Noble   |   Kobo   |   ARe
Add to your to-read on Goodreads.
Excerpt:
“He didn’t know any exact plans,” Vincent said, “but it’s been decided you have only one real weakness.”
Alec waited.
Vincent’s gaze flickered to me.
Alec’s body tightened until every muscle in his back, chest, and arms rippled. His hand squeezed mine a little too tightly, but I kept holding on. He tremored like a volcano about to erupt.
“Alec, baby,” I murmured.
He closed his eyes and clenched his jaw. Vincent centered himself in the doorway, and the others flanked him.
“Alec,” I said.
“Fuck.” Even his voice shook with rage.
I pulled my hand loose and wrapped my arms around him, holding myself to his chest. “Baby,” I whispered.
He continued to tremble.
I’d never seen him this bad before. My hands shook, but I pressed them to his back to steady them. “Please, Alec.”
He wrapped his arms around me, but his body didn’t relax like it usually did.
My heart hammered against my ribs. I squeezed him more tightly, but my contact wasn’t working this time.
Then I realized he wasn’t just angry; he was holding himself back. Trying desperately not to murder Stein.
“I’m here,” I said. “Stay with me.”
He wrapped his arms farther around me as if I were a buoy in the ocean.
“I need you.” My voice shook. “Please, baby.”
His voice barely made sound. “Tell me again.”
“I need you. You can’t leave me.” I squeezed tighter and stood on my toes to press my cheek to his. “I need you right here. With me.”
He pressed his face into my neck, arms so tightly around me his fingers wrapped around my sides.
“I love you,” I whispered in his ear. “I love you. I need you.”
Quiet.

Overcast
Prequel of the Taken Series
Cover reveal!



Alec Kaden is the son of organized crime. But that’s not what causes him to be cold, and anger to crawl up his spine. He trusts his father’s judgment—his mother’s death in childbirth was his fault. Only one person can calm the monster inside him, but he will not allow her to know him, to see through him and find the darkness lurking behind his detachment. Will he forever remain her invisible protector?
Will be released 11/15/16 by Inkspell Publishing
Preorder here:   Amazon   |   iBooks   |   Kobo

Endless as the Rain
Book 1 of the Taken Series




For Adriane Graham, the real question comes down to this: “Am I Alec Kaden’s guest…Or his prisoner?”
If she’s a guest in the Kaden mansion, then it means Alec has freed himself from his family ties to organized crime. It means he’s telling the truth when he says he’s protecting Adriane from dangerous men and they can shake off the shackles of haunted pasts.
…But…
If Adriane Graham is Alec Kaden’s prisoner, it means his tenderness is simply a ruse to keep her under control; his kindness is just poisoned hypocrisy. It means Alec is a cruel liar, and that somehow, by some desperate way, she’s got to get out of this charming man’s well-guarded house before it’s too late.
Is she Alec’s treasured guest? Or merely a pretty bird, trapped in his gilded cage? The troubling questions pour like fountains…flowing…
Endless as the Rain.
Amazon   |   iBooks   |   Barnes&Noble   |   Kobo   |   ARe
Add to your to-read on Goodreads.



About the Author:
M.S. Kaye has several awards and published books under her black belt. A transplant from Ohio, she resides with her husband Corey in Jacksonville, Florida, where she tries not to melt in the sun. Find suspense and the unusual at www.BooksByMSK.com.
To receive news on upcoming releases, sign up for email updates on her website.

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google+  |  Goodreads  |  Amazon  |  TSU  |  Pinterest  |  LinkedIn


There's a whole lotta awesome going on in these books. I'm in LOVE with M.S. Kaye!

Sharing the writer love one letter at a time,
Kim

Popular posts from this blog

The Querying Writer: Part II

Dear Kim,


Remember that letter I sent you way back in October? (You remember October-- back when all things seemed possible.) 





The letter, COMP TITLES and THE QUERYING WRITER, shared details from our Novel Nuts & Bolts class with Empire Literary Agent Carrie Howland. (I may have referred to her as "agent-extraordinaire" in another post.)

Though today's post will be my third about Carrie, it is titled "Part II" because my querying journey seems sequel worthy.







I started looking for an agent soon after you and I met at the NYC SCBWI conference in 2012. I had nice feedback from an agent at a conference and sent him my work. His response was kind (which I've found most responses from agents to be.) But my writing wasn’t ready. The novel he saw was the first I’d ever finished. I wasn't ready.

I swallowed that little voice that said, SEND! SEND! SEND! for two more years until I entered #PitchWars-- Brenda Drake’s crash course in pitching. In the years between t…

Cover Reveal: The Perfect Trip by Stacy Barnett Mozer

Dear Alison,

Thank you for my letter on Friday. I was teaching and didn't get to read it until late Friday night, but oh the memories of our time at the Writing Barn...so wonderful, so peaceful, so inspiring. The retreat was a much needed break from the insane fall I've had, and though we worked our butts off, it was a different kind of work, a good kind of work, my favorite kind of work, and sharing that work with you and Donna? Yeah, that was awesome. I, too, was really able to dig into my WIP and find Gigi's voice. She's so different from Starr and with so much prep work on Starr Lost (Book Two) and Starr Gone (Book Three), I had a hard time recapturing Gigi's voice, but Texas changed all that. Her 'in your face' style sets the tone for the entire young adult urban fantasy series, and I can't get her defiant nature out of my head. (People, you've been warned.)

Alison, you and I get to share the writing love every Monday and Thursday. Today, I ge…

BOOK REVIEW: Starr Fall & BOOK RELEASE: Once & Forever

Dear Alison,

Goodbye January, Hello February! Last week, I let everyone peak in my drawers.  Today, I'm opening my inbox. Well, not literally. You DO NOT want to see my inbox--though I do try to keep all the accounts very tidy--sometimes the emails get a bit, what's the word I'm looking for? Expansive. My favorite emails are from fans. I LOVE them. They make me all warm and fuzzy. Seriously, touch my arm...

See? Warm and Fuzzy. Oh, wait those are my doggies;)

While, I ADORE the fan mail (I DO, I REALLY DO) I would LOVE them even more if they were added as a review to AMAZON and GOODREADS. For instance, look at some of these reviews:


Must Read!!!, January 31, 2017 By  Kelly

This review is from: Starr Fall: Book One of the Starr Fall Series (Kindle Edition) Purchased this book for my 14 year old daughter who is NOT a fan of reading for pleasure or at all for that matter. Well, the book immediately grabbed her attention. In her words..."I can't put this book down. I ne…